After bearing that extreme heat of the sun, those sunburns, tans, sweaty (and stinky) summer days. Monsoon comes as a sign of relief. But what about the tons of infections, it gets along with it, given to its damp and humid weather? Here are some tips for skin care in this weather.
Dry skin type
* Drink as much water as you can. Do not stop drinking water even if it leads to frequent urination. Water consumption hydrates your body and flushes out all the unwanted toxins.
* Use cleansers that are water/gel based.
* Moisturize your skin frequently for skin care. This will help in increasing the keep the outer layer of your skin properly hydrated, thereby leaving it with a soft, supple and moist look.
* You may also use rose water and glycerin to keep your skin healthy and the pores closed.
* Keep away from alcohol based toners.
Oily skin type
* Wash your face almost 3-4 times a day to get rid of the excess oil from your face. Do not over do it with soap as too much of washing leads to harshness. Washing is the best way of skin care.
* Use facial scrubs regularly as it will help in unclogging your pores and also exfoliate your skin by removing the dead cell layers from it. Try and use natural scrubs instead of chemical based ones.
* Stay away from using heavy cleansing products.
* Use home remedies such as pack made of chick -pea flour (also known as besan) and milk, lemon and honey etc that rejuvenates your skin and leaves it looking fresh and glowing.
* Try using hot water to wash your face instead of cold or lukewarm water. This will help in dissolving the oil on the skin in a better way thereby leaving it supple and soft.
Combination skin type
* As mentioned earlier, drinks loads of water. This is one of the best and the cheapest ways to attain good, healthy and flawless skin, irrespective of the season. Try to drink at least 8-10 glasses of water everyday and you would definitely notice a drastic change within 2-3 months.
* Wash your face a 2-3 times daily with a anti-bacterial face wash.
* Just dab dry the face and don’t rub it with a towel. this will make the skin look rough and dry.
* Moisturize the skin regularly.
* Scrub your face twice a week.
* Use face packs depending on your skin condition.
* As far as possible use natural home remedies than chemical based products